[darcs-devel] [darcs #327] --ask-deps puts unnecessary dependencies in the patch

Tommy Pettersson via RT bugs at darcs.net
Thu Apr 7 19:15:38 PDT 2005

Thu Apr 07 22:15:36 2005: New ticket: 327.
Transaction: Ticket created by tommy
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: --ask-deps puts unnecessary dependencies in the patch
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: ptp at lysator.liu.se
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=327 >

Let patch A depend on patch B, and let them come after the
last tag T.

 A->B  T->...

--ask-deps will ask about A, and if I say Yes it will not
ask about B since there is no need to depend on B.

But the reason it doesn't ask about B is that it implicitly
selects B when I say Yes to A, and it will unnecessarily put
also patch B in the depend list of the recorded patch.

This is if I have run darcs optimize first.  If there are no
inventory breaks, it might list many unnecessary dependencies
in the patch.

This is of course low priority since it isn't broken in any
true way.