[darcs-devel] Re: execvp_no_vtalarm is really found in compat.h not unistd.h

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Apr 8 02:33:30 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 02:25:01AM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-04-07, Jim Radford <radford at blackbean.org> wrote:
> >> {
> > hunk ./Exec.lhs 81
> >      :: CString -> IO Int
> >  foreign import ccall unsafe "static unistd.h fork" c_fork
> >      :: IO Int
> > -foreign import ccall unsafe "static unistd.h execvp_no_vtalarm" execvp_no_vtalarm
> > +foreign import ccall unsafe "static compat.h execvp_no_vtalarm" execvp_no_vtalarm
> >      :: CString -> Ptr CString -> IO Int
> >  #endif
>
> Humor me as non-Haskeller. If the wrong package wasn't being used
> before, what bug did it cause?

If there was no other foreign import declaration using compat.h then
there would have been no prototype for execvp_no_vtalarm. As there were
others the header was included anyway, so no problem was apparent.

(That is the case for ghc, anyway; I think hugs complained about this,
and so I fixed it a few days ago when geting darcs working with hugs).

Thanks
Ian