[darcs-devel] optimization of darcs memory and time usage

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Apr 9 07:45:49 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:58:52AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Hello fellow developers,
>
> I've been a bit busy.  I actually worked in the evening last night (I'm
> normally a morning darcs developer), to the point where I almost didn't get
> around to eating.  :) In fact, I should eat breakfast now...
>
> Motivated by the scramble for a new SCM by the kernel developers, I spent
> some time optimizing darcs for bigger repositories.

This is great news, but what happened about the exponential commuting
merger problem? This is IMO the biggest blocker we have, on both large
and small repos. I understood you were working on an alternative in your
own repo, but I don't remember seeing whether you were still looking for
the solution or just putting the finishing touches to one?

Thanks
Ian