[darcs-devel] need perl help with the test environment

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Apr 9 09:34:06 PDT 2005

I would like all the shell and perl tests to run
with the environment variables DARCS_DONT_COLOR and
DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_ANYTHING set to 1.

I guess this can be done very elegantly with a line or two
somewhere in tests/lib/, but I don't know how to do it.
It would take me some time to find out how, so before trying
that I kindly ask if someone who already knows can do it for
me, or explain how I can do it.

I then plan to move away the escaping tests from tests/add.pl
to a new color&escape test.

All other tests need not to worry about escaping and such.
It will also yield a smallish speedup for the test suite.