[darcs-devel] optimization of darcs memory and time usage

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Apr 11 05:48:58 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 04:19:29AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> Memory usage still seems on the high side, but it's better at least.
> Quicker, too. Testing with
>
> darcs init
> darcs add -r .
> darcs record -a -m foo --no-test

I've gotten some timings done now, and indeed it's much faster on my kernel
test case! A third the wallclock time, and half the cpu-time.  That extra
apply_to_slurpy really hurt.  :( And it does look like the only remaining
memory issue is the final apply_to_slurpy, which is fixable, so I'm very
encouraged.  And my highly inaccurate "watch top while it runs" memory
testing showed a significant improvement in memory usage also...  :)
http://www.darcs.net