[darcs-devel] darcs patch: bugfix, don't skip rest of char escape t... (and 12 more)

ptp at lysator.liu.se ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 11 09:26:07 PDT 2005

Here comes the final DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_TRAILING_CR thingy for the
fancy printer.

I have optimized the fancyPrinter somewhat.  I'm sorry for all the
rewrites; it's just me learning Haskell.  Full fancy Christmas glory
should now work 30 % faster!!  :-)

I have sorted out some of the test mess, sorry for having contributed
to it by making add.pl fail.  I have this time run the tests in
unstable and verified that they all pass.

The fancy printer patches are all recorded against stable so they can
be pulled there without extra dependencies.

Sat Apr  9 14:46:37 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * bugfix, don't skip rest of char escape tests in space-escape mode
  This worked because only spaces are escaped with poSpace set, but if
  that changes no non-spaces would have been esacped when poSpace is set.

Sun Apr 10 16:07:22 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add dropLastPS to FastPackedString

Sun Apr 10 16:17:14 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add functionality for DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_TRAILING_CR in ColourPrinter

Sun Apr 10 16:23:38 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add spanEndPS (and findFromEndUntilPS) to FastPackedString

Sun Apr 10 16:29:26 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * optimize userchunkPrinter in ColourPrinter on fast packed strings

Sun Apr 10 17:29:07 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * optimize ColourPrinter, use constant Both-printables

Sun Apr 10 18:25:30 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * optimize ColourPrinter escape quoting

Mon Apr 11 17:41:38 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * document DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_TRAILING_CR

Sun Apr 10 11:23:25 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * remove file name escaping tests from test add.pl
  to move them to a special escaping test

Mon Apr 11 14:52:14 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * preset a predictable and efficient environment for the tests (add perl_harness)
  All escaping and coloring are off.

Mon Apr 11 15:55:06 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * restore darcs test suite ignores ~/.darcs [RT#217]
  As first worked out by Yuval Kogman.

Mon Apr 11 16:02:22 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * test to make sure testscripts are run in a predictable environment

Mon Apr 11 17:59:54 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add test for fancy printer