[darcs-devel] darcs patch: preset a predictable and efficient envir... (and 8 more)

ptp at lysator.liu.se ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 11 14:55:45 PDT 2005

I've had a look at RT#336 (several tests are not using the darcs just built).

I changed all darcs to $DARCS where appropriate, and added
a false darcs that will detect any further misses.

The problem is that it doesn't work with 'darcs push' since
push calls 'darcs apply' via the shell, and thus gets this
false darcs and fails.  This currently concerns the two tests
merging_newlines.pl and push.pl.

Wasn't there a workaround to set the path for the apply darcs
when pushing?

Mon Apr 11 14:52:14 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * preset a predictable and efficient environment for the tests (add perl_harness)
  All escaping and coloring are off.

Mon Apr 11 15:55:06 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * restore darcs test suite ignores ~/.darcs [RT#217]
  As first worked out by Yuval Kogman.

Mon Apr 11 23:11:58 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * test bugfix, chomp newline from pwd when setting HOME

Mon Apr 11 23:30:57 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use $DARCS in test changes.pl

Mon Apr 11 23:31:25 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use $DARCS in test merging_newlines.pl

Mon Apr 11 23:31:46 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * use $DARCS in test pull.pl

Mon Apr 11 16:02:22 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * test to make sure testscripts are run in a predictable environment

Mon Apr 11 23:41:24 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * prepend test bin directory to PATH when running test scripts

Mon Apr 11 23:42:34 CEST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * add false darcs in test bin to test test scripts
  If a test script forgets to call the right darcs it will get this darcs
  that always fails.