[darcs-devel] request for help from FreeBSD user (was: Re: darcs-unstable 'make' causes bus error)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Apr 14 11:25:05 PDT 2005

On 2005-04-11, Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote:
> On 2005-04-10, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 12:44:20AM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>>>
>>> $ gmake
>>> rm -f Main.hi Main.o
>>> ghc -cpp  -package parsec -package unix -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall -Werror -package util -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -DHAVE_CURs
>>> PATH=".:$PATH" darcs changes --context | cat config.command - | ./stringify Context context > Context.hs
>>> Rebuild dependencies ...
>>> Bus error (core dumped)

As another data point, I just updated my 'stable' repo and tried 'gmake'
there. It worked fine.

So some patch only in the unstable repo seems to be involved.

Could another FreeBSD user provide input: Can you do this in a current
copy of 'unstable' without error?

$ autoconf && gmake

( I use 'autoconf259'. )

    Mark