[darcs-devel] Re: make check fails on darcs-unstable

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Apr 15 19:41:19 PDT 2005

On 2005-04-15, Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se> wrote:

> Since darcs' support for executable permission bits is rather
> limited, maybe it would be better (at least easier) if the
> harnesses make sure the script is executable when they put
> the test bin dir in the path?

To chmod in Perl, it's just something like:

chmod 0755, 'tests/bin/darcs';

> Then I propose that outputs from failing shell scripts are
> printed by the shell_harness just like outputs from failing
> perl tests are.  In this case the test failure mail would then
> have included this output from tests/test_output/0_test.sh:
>
>   tests/bin/darcs is not executable
>
> Can some perl person (hi Mark) do this?

This is easily done:

use Shell::Command;
cat 'file/to/cat.txt';

I'm not sure it's what we want, though. It certainly makes sense for a
cron script mailed to people who can't read the output files, but in
other cases may be too verbose.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/