[darcs-devel] [darcs #205] whoa, watch where you're putting those things

zooko at zooko.com via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sun Apr 17 08:03:49 PDT 2005

With the latest 1.0.2, getting "host:~/" results in the error message "Fail:
Couldn't read patch".  getting "host:" results in darcs attempting to read
host:/!  That last one is worrisome, what if I had been pushing instead of
pulling, and had write privs on the remote side.  Would I have just written
things inadvertently into my root directory?

I understand that supporting full "~" syntax might be tricky, but at least the
failure should be safe and the error message clear.

Regards,

Zooko

https://yumyum.zooko.com:19144/pub/darcsbugs/badtilde.screen.log