[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Avoid unnecessary lines/unlines of files... (and 2 more)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Apr 25 05:35:56 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 01:36:08AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> Mon Apr 18 21:03:53 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Avoid unnecessary lines/unlines of files when applying patches
>
> Mon Apr 18 23:45:17 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Avoid multiple file reads when applying hunks to a file
>
> Sun Apr 24 20:10:33 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Only go through file once when applying hunks

I haven't read these patches in bug-finding detail, but they look great! I
especially like the first one (it's so simple, why didn't I think of it?),
although the latter two I imagine are more important performance-wise.

BTW, I'm increasingly of the opinion that my AntiMemo idea didn't work out
very well.  If you agree and are motivated, you would be welcome to remove
it from the code.  That would simplify a lot of the hunk-handling code.  Or
if you agree but don't feel like doing it yourself, you could ask on
darcs-devel if someone wants to pull out the antimemoizaton code.
http://www.darcs.net