[darcs-devel] Re: A darcs that can pull from git

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Apr 25 08:12:59 PDT 2005

>>   http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/darcs-git-20050424.darcs

> First off, you need to include a license header in the git files indicating
> that unlike the rest of darcs, they may only be distributed under GPL v2.

Linus, could you please suggest a suitable license statement to
include in whichever files of yours we choose to include in Darcs?  Is
David's suggestion (stock GPL boilerplate with ``or any later
version'' removed) okay with you?

> Any chance you can host a gettable repository?

The last tag in darcs-unstable is 1.0.0rc2, which prevents me from
publishing a partial repository in my web space.  Perhaps you could
pull a recent tag into darcs-unstable?

> If not, I'd be happy to give you an account on darcs.net on which
> you could host darcs-git.

That would be great (let me know if you need an ssh public key).

> Do you have any plans/ideas for allowing pulls directly from a
> remote git repository?

I haven't thought about it yet.  Does anyone have any ideas about how
to efficiently pull from git without a complete local copy?

I'll reply to the more technical points below on darcs-devel -- no
point in spamming the kind folks on git@ any further, especially as
they probably know about

  http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/

                                        Juliusz