[darcs-devel] Darcs-git pulling from the Linux repo: a Linux VM question

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Apr 27 17:28:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:31:41PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > And, with appropriate unsafeInterleaveIOing of the remaining work to be
> > done, the patches you get by diffing files should be being immediately
> > consumed by apply, or the file writing, or whatever it is you're doing
> > with them.
>
> I'm still stuck on that one.  To be more precise, I'm building a list
> of patches that I simply pass to
>
>   NamedP ... [] (join_patches ...)
>
> and pass the result to read_repo which in turn passes it to pull_cmd.

I'm getting a bit confused. Do you mean pull_cmd calls read_repo which
in turn calls your function that makes a
NamedP ... [] (join_patches ...)?

If so then I think I'd misunderstood exactly what you wre doing; you
might just be suffering from pull not being made properly lazy yet, e.g.
it should probably be using lazily_read_repo (although I'll have to
think about what does and should happen when the repo is remote). I
don't suppose you could use get for now instead?

Thanks
Ian