[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Cache pristine directory within NoPristine.

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Apr 28 05:52:00 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 01:55:11AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> > While I have your ear, Ian: what's the story with DarcsIO and the two
> > monads defined in there?  Anything wrong with my making the type of
> > applyPristine monomorphic?
>
> I think DarcsIO is David's vision of the future for all the IO stuff,
> which making applyPristine monomorphic would conflict with. David?

Indeed, that is my idea for DarcsIO, but I think that making applyPristine
monomorphic wouldn't really interfere with that.  The DarcsIO can happen at
a lower level.  For example, if I implemented a TarballPristine (sounds
like a nightmare), I can still use apply (which is polymorphic), but just
at a lower level.
http://www.darcs.net