[darcs-devel] Re: Darcs-git pulling from the Linux repo: a Linux VM question

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Apr 28 08:36:01 PDT 2005

> When we're desperate, we'll special-case the initial commit, but currently
> I'm sure we can pretty easily adjust things by making the git-tree-reading
> lazy,

Just to make it clear: reading the git tree is lazy.  The problem is
somewhere in the higher layers, probably in pull_cmd.

There's also another problem: reading the git tree takes 220MB.  Then
Darcs allocates a further 500MB without calling my code at all.  (Some
of it is doubtless due to linesPS, that should be more than a handful
of megabytes.)

                                        Juliusz