[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Make curl exit with error on failed downloads

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Wed Aug 3 11:38:25 PDT 2005

David Roundy wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 09:35:44PM +0200, Peter Strand wrote:
>
>>Tue Aug  2 21:28:33 W. Europe Standard Time 2005  peter at zarquon.se
>>  * Make curl exit with error on failed downloads
>

> Looks good to me.  Does this solve a particular bug?

I didn't find anything in the bug tracking system, but it solves a bug
triggered when using the external "curl" binary to fetch a file which
doesn't exist. Without the "-f" flag curl returns an error page instead
of an error code, which causes darcs to exit with a parse error, in the
case I stubled upon (_darcs/prefs/format was missing in the remote repo).

/Peter