[darcs-devel] darcs patch: default_content is now more robust

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Aug 4 05:01:09 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:01:58PM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> The goal here is that if someone is told, "Just add it to
> _darcs/prefs/defaults the way you would type it on the commandline." then
> they are more likely to get it right.
>
> Wed Aug  3 22:54:51 PDT 2005  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
>   * default_content is now more robust
>   now lines like the following
>   darcs record --posthook-command="cat foo.txt | mail -s \"hi\" foo at bar.baz"
>
>   will be handled the same way as if there were typed on the command line.
>   Specifically, the extra quotes are removed, the equal sign is removed
>   and the 'darcs' is removed.

I've sent to the list a patch for a test script to check this out.  There
are two issues I'd like addressed.  One is that it doesn't handle single
quotes, and the other is that it doesn't handle nested double-quotes as
advertized.  i.e. "foo \"bar\" baz" isn't the same as 'foo "bar" baz' would
be.
http://www.darcs.net