[darcs-devel] darcs patch: show patch numbers instead of dots on get (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Aug 5 04:34:19 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 10:14:35PM -0400, Matt Lavin wrote:
> Here are some additional changes that address the suggestions after my
> previous patch.

Thanks!

> I didn't fully understand the need for a custom ending message when the
> patches are all done applying so I just droped the suggested string
> argument and ended all patch application with "done.".

Sure, that's fine.

> The second patch adds patch count output to all callers of apply_patches
> which did not explicitly ignore all output.  One of the suggestions was
> to make optimize --checkpoint use the patch count output, but I didn't
> see how that command used apply_patches.

Ah, it's a bit convoluted.  It calls write_checkpoint, which calls
(eventually) with_tag, which uses apply_patches.  But threading the options
through that deeply perhaps isn't a good idea.  It's just that it can be a
very slow process, so it might be nice to get some feedback.  The same
would apply (for example) to darcs diff, which also sometimes needs to
apply an awful lot of patches.

> hunk ./DarcsRepo.lhs 573
> +apply_patches_with_feedback :: [DarcsFlag] -> (Int -> Int -> PatchInfo -> IO()) -> (Doc -> IO ())
> +                            -> [(PatchInfo, Maybe Patch)] -> IO ()

If you're up for one more cleanup, we could drop the unused [DarcsFlag]
argument from this...
http://www.darcs.net