[darcs-devel] darcs patch: use author field of git commit rather than committer a...

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Aug 7 06:36:17 PDT 2005

Hi Juliusz,

What do you think of this patch? I'd like to sneak this into 1.0.4 if you
are in agreement.  It'll allow us to perhaps interoperate with a future
crazy-tagging darcs, since they'd both interperet a git repository as
having identical patches (it's just that the crazy-tagging darcs would also
see a large number of tags, which would hold the committer information).

David.

Sun Aug  7 09:31:23 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * use author field of git commit rather than committer as the darcs author.
  This is mostly to enable forward-compatibility with a possible future
  crazy-tagging scheme, but also because I think that it's better to lose the
  commiter information than the author information.