[darcs-devel] darcs patch: simplify get_common_and_uncommon code, and make it laz...

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Aug 8 18:42:46 PDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 09:22:40AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Hi Ian and others,
>
> I'd appreciate if you'd take a careful look at this patch.  I think I
> didn't change the behavior of the code (except making it lazier), but this
> is the sort of code in which one can make changes that work fine until some
> rare repository comes along and suddenly they cause corruption.

I'm not sure the behaviour is going to be the same if you have inputs
like

but if not, probably in ways that don't matter. Before I think it
through properly can you point me at a description of exactly what it's
meant to do please? (it would be good to have one as a comment in the
file, I think).

I think it can probably be written more clearly using irrefutable
patterns. I'd guess the length comparison bit could/should be written
more symmetrically with a compare, too.

Thanks
Ian