[darcs-devel] darcs patch: default_content is now more robust (and 3 more)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Aug 8 18:53:23 PDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:05:26AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:

> > Also, I'm including a few patches that have already been on the list because
> > that was the only way I could select/send my new patches.
>
> Resending is fine.  I doubt Ian is following all of your patches, as long
> as I keep asking for changes.  So when it's all correct, he'll want to have
> all the patches together.

It makes it much easier, yeah (but it would also be nice to be able to
tell darcs "I know what I'm doing" when you just want to send a patch or
two for discussion).

> It's this sort of complexity that originally made me want to not try to
> emulate shell parsing behavior.

I agree. We need some sort of quoting for when arguments have spaces in,
right? So how about we only allow " and allow anything to be escaped
anywhere with \? I think anything else would be, overall, more
confusing and not much more helpful.

Thanks
Ian