[darcs-devel] darcs patch: default_content is now more robust (and 3 more)

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Aug 9 14:12:51 PDT 2005

> It makes it much easier, yeah (but it would also be nice to be able to
> tell darcs "I know what I'm doing" when you just want to send a patch or
> two for discussion).

(This is bug 95, by the way.)

I usually work around this by having three (!) different unstable
trees when developing.  One is an exact clone of Ian's tree; one is my
working tree; and one records the patches that I've already sent to
Ian.

  ./darcs-unstable : clone of Ian's tree;
  ./darcs-git : my working tree;
  ./darcs-git_0 : patches already sent to Ian.

When I want to send a patch to Ian, I do:

  darcs send --to='Darcs Unstable <...>' ../darcs-git_0
  darcs push ../darcs-git_0

Disk usage is reasonable as both non-working repositories have no
pristine tree and are linked.

                                        Juliusz