[darcs-devel] [darcs #489] "darcs send" sends email to strange addresses

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 12 03:20:46 PDT 2005

Fri Aug 12 06:20:39 2005: New ticket: 489.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: "darcs send" sends email to strange addresses
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: schnetter at aei.mpg.de
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=489 >

I wanted to send a patch using "darcs send".  This is for the released
version 1.0.3.  I said

darcs send -u --to=tradke at aei.mpg.de -p 'CarpetInterp: optimise
communication scheme in global interpolator calls'

Darcs responded

Creating patch to darcs at cvs.carpetcode.org:/home/darcs/carpet...
Patch bundle will be sent to: darcs at cvs.carpetcode.org

which I found strange, since I specified a different address with
"--to".

I continued and selected this single patch.  Then darcs said

Successfully sent patch bundle to: darcs at cvs.carpetcode.org ,
tradke at aei.mpg.de.

There are two problems with this:

(1) Darcs insists on sending email to the darcs at cvs email address,
although I did not specify that.  There seems to be no option to
prevent that.

(2) Darcs first said it would send email to darcs at cvs, but later sent
email to two addresses.  This is confusing; darcs should initially say
correctly what it will do.