[darcs-devel] [darcs #493] bug

Richard Smith via RT bugs at darcs.net
Wed Aug 17 06:54:59 PDT 2005

Wed Aug 17 09:54:33 2005: New ticket: 493.
Transaction: Ticket created by rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: bug
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: rsmith at bitworks-inc.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=493 >

The output of darcs said send this stuff so here it is

I had a whole lot of listing files that I accidently added to the repo.
  In the process of trying to remove them I've somehow borked up my repo.

I was using 1.0.3rc1 when it started.  Just to see if it might make a
difference I grabbed the last binary from glozer.net and tried with it.
    The --exact-version info is from the developemnt version.

darcs check and darcs repair seem to think things are ok.

This is all on a windows xp box.

When I try to do a record I get:

"Yikes, pending has conflicts"
then later on
"There was an attempt to write a invalid pending"

Here's the output from --exact-version
--

darcs compiled on Aug 11 2005, at 16:08:57
# configured Thu Aug 11 16:02:48 USMST 2005

Context:

[fix compilation errors with ghc-6.2.2 on win32
Peter Strand <peter at zarquon.se>**20050809192759]

[Retain both Git's author and committer.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050810000820]

[make repair work on partial repositories.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050805113001]

[Cleanup --verbose handling in repair command
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050805020630]

[change my AUTHORS email to droundy at darcs.net.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050808124703]

[clean up Printer.wrap_text.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050808114844]

[add several changelog entries.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050808114800]

[improve EOD message a tad.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050807112644
  This change also introduces a "wrapped_text" function in Printer, so we
  won't have to worry so often about manually wrapping lines.
]

[changed ***DARCS*** to ***END OF DESCRIPTION***
Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>**20050729032543]

[remove unused opts argument from apply_patches and
apply_patches_with_feedback
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050807031038]

[Use apply_patch_with_feedback from check and repair commands
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050805020830]

[add code to read patch bundles with added CRs.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050806222631
  I think this'll address bug #291.
]

[accept command-line flags in any order.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050806211828
  In particular, we no longer require that --flags precede filename and
  repository arguments.
]

[show patch numbers instead of dots on get
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050804013649]

[add obliterate command as alias for unpull.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050804104929]

[Do not ask confirmation for revert -a
jani at iv.ro**20050627124011
  Giving -a as a parameter means the user expects all changes to be
reverted.
  Just like for unrevert and record go ahead with it do not ask for
confirmation.
]

[clarify help text for 'd' in SelectPatches.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050806231117]

[Add --with-static-libs configure flag for linking static versions of
libraries.
v.haisman at sh.cvut.cz**20050729015539]

[add changelog entry for bug #477.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050806212148]

[changelog entry for bug #189.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731132624]

[add description of how to add changelog entries to ChangeLog.README.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050806225901]

[Explain the missing ChangeLog
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050526135421

  It should be easy for casual users and contributors to view and update the
  ChangeLog.

  Providing a README file in the place where people are most likely to look
  provides a very useful clue.

  However, it's still not clear to me exactly how the system works, so I
have
  left a stub to complete that documentation.

      Mark

]

[fix obsolete error explanation in get_extra bug.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050804130610]

[simplify fix for bug 463; reuse /// from FilePathUtils
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050804021130]

[Make curl exit with error on failed downloads
peter at zarquon.se**20050802192833]

[Bump up AC_PREREQ version to 2.59.
v.haisman at sh.cvut.cz**20050801173925]

[fix for bug 463 (with new test)
Matt Lavin <matt.lavin at gmail.com>**20050802002116]

[bump version number, since I just made a release.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731190756]

[Use simpler curl_version() function to get version string.
Kannan Goundan <kannan at cakoose.com>**20050322221027]

[fix documentation on --reorder-patches.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731185406]

[add changelog entry for bug #224.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731133942]

[fix bug when editing long comment leaves empty file.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731133612]

[TAG 1.0.4pre2
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050731121029]