[darcs-devel] [darcs #497] w32: use cygwin ssh?

Zooko via RT bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 25 17:27:30 PDT 2005

Thu Aug 25 20:27:26 2005: New ticket: 497.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: w32: use cygwin ssh?
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=497 >

My co-worker here is trying darcs for the first time, and he is frustrated that
it won't use his cygwin ssh, which he has already configured to use the right
port numbers, private keys, etc., so instead he has to learn to configure putty
for the same things.

It seems to me that darcs.exe (being, as we all know, a pure Windows
application) could execute "c:\cygwin\usr\bin\scp.exe" just as well as it can
execute "c:\Program Files\putty\scp.exe".

Oh, we tried setting DARCS_SSH to point to the cygwin scp, but it didn't work.
I suspect that darcs uses putty-style cmdline options if it is built for win32.

Regards,

Zooko