[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Rewrite gcau, and add explanatory comment from David

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Aug 27 16:03:33 PDT 2005

Hi David,

How does this look?

Also, I'm a bit confused; it's not necessarily true that the
(fst $ last ps1) == (fst $ last ps2) test be when the lengths are equal,
right? So we might miss it due to our length equalising if we are
unlucky?

Perhaps we should really be checking lasts each time we take a
new patch set against all lasts on the other side we have seen?

And possibly biasing the search towards the non-network or less-partial
repo (although partialness isn't a total order, I don't think)?

Hmm, just realised my gcau_simple (cr ps1 ++ concat ps1s) (cr ps2)
(and symmetric) case will be missing opportunities to do the test but
aborting sending at this point is too much hassle  :-)

Thanks
Ian

Sat Aug 27 23:49:52 BST 2005  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * Rewrite gcau, and add explanatory comment from David