[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add test that triggers "too many open fi... (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Aug 30 05:20:28 PDT 2005

Here's a fix for the

No root path(s) specified at /usr/share/perl/5.8/ExtUtils/Command.pm line
95

issue with the perl tests.  It seems to be a bug in the rm_rf which is
defined in Shell::Command, which gives that warning if none of the files
are found (or alternatively, you could view the bug as being in the rmtree
which is in File::Path).  I've implemented a workaround called "cleanup",
which just checks if the files or directories exist before calling rm_rf.
It's crude, and it's stupid, but there aren't any more warnings now.

David

P.S. The fix depended on my "too many open files" test, so I'm resending
that.  I think that's a good test to have anyways (although its behavior is
system-dependent).

Sat Aug 27 15:22:15 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add test that triggers "too many open files" bug.
  We just need to pull over 1024 patches at once to trigger this bug on my
  linux system.

Tue Aug 30 08:16:03 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix "No root path(s) specified at ..." testsuite problem.