[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Rewrite gcau, add explanatory comment from David and s...

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Aug 30 05:22:06 PDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 03:21:11AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> Here's an updated gcau patch.

Thanks!

> I've got the below testsuite problem twice now, out of about 6 testsuite
> runs. The first time I thought it was fixed by some later rejigging I
> did, but now it's happened again I guess not. No idea if it's related to
> the gcau changes or not.
>
> Still, it's good to know the other 104.85% is okay  :-)

Well of course, since -8 tests failed, that leaves more than 100% that
succeeded!

> resolve..................dubious
>         Test returned status 0 (wstat 13, 0xd)
> [...]
> Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> resolve.pl     0    13    ??   ??       %  ??
> Failed 1/23 test scripts, 95.65% okay. -8/165 subtests failed, 104.85% okay.

Is there detailed output in the tests directory?

> (It'd be great if someone diagnosed and fixed the
> No root path(s) specified at /usr/share/perl/5.8/ExtUtils/Command.pm line 95
> warnings in the testsuite too, BTW)

I've just diagnosed it, and am sending a workaround.  The rm_rf function
gives that warning whenever the thing that is being removed doesn't exist.
http://www.darcs.net