[darcs-devel] darcs patch: added autonaming of attachment created by send

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:39:44 PST 2005

> This patch is my first attempt at automatically naming the file based on the
> summary of the patch.  As it stands, the auto-naming is very rough.  I didn't
> want to go too far with it until I had some comments about the idea itself
> (okay, okay, and because I don't know much Haskell and sometimes it takes me a
> while to find out how to do what I want).

A slight delay between the original post and this one but...

Another idea that just came to me is that we could simply have a
command line parameter allowing you to specify the patch name.
Personally I prefer the auto-naming, but some people might not like
the potentially long filenames created by it.  Just an idea I thought
I'd put out there.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>