[darcs-devel] darcs patch: added autonaming of attachment created by send

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:07:52 PST 2005

> > validFileChars :: Char -> Bool
> > mapFileChars :: Char -> Char
>
> I'm rather novice at Haskell myself, but regardless of language
> I would have named these functions something ending with
> 'Char' and not 'Chars' since they operate on a single char.

Agreed.  The purpose of these functions changed a bit but I never
changed the naming.  Fixed.

> >  quickCheck $ \s ->
> >      unlines ("":s++["", ""]) ==
> >              unpackPS (read_email (renderPS
> >                       $ make_email "reponame" (text "contents\n") "textname"
> >                       $ text $ unlines s))
>
> This does not compile (wrong order of arguments). I think it should be:
>
>   quickCheck $ \s ->
>       unlines ("":s++["", ""]) ==
>               unpackPS (read_email (renderPS
>                        $ make_email "reponame" (text "contents\n")
>                        (text $ unlines s) "textname"))

Fixed.

> As for the usefulness:  One thought is to use the name of
> the last patch.  There is a suggestion to put the last patch
> name in the subject line of the mail (instead of the first),
> and I think it has some merit, for example in the case where
> you include old but not yet applied patches only to fulfill
> dependencies.

I agree, but I left it the way it is for now.  I don't want to change
two things at once.  I think it would be better to make that as a
separate change once (or if) everyone agrees that it should be made.

Thanks for your comments.  The new version is attached.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>