[darcs-devel] [issue51] Darcs/Cygwin - Can't find editor on Cygwin

A Chambers bugs at darcs.net
Fri Dec 9 06:18:32 PST 2005

New submission from A Chambers <achambers at warwicksoftware.co.uk>:

Hi,

I'm testing out darcs on cygwin but I've come across a couple of
problems.  I think they're probably unrelated.

1) When recording a patch, darcs can't find the editor on my system
   I'm not sure why.  Here are some diagnostics.

$ echo $EDITOR
/usr/bin/vi
$
$ ls /usr/bin/vi
/usr/bin/vi

...so then I tried,

$ darcs record
hunk ./README 1
+
+
Shall I record this patch? (1/?) [ynWsfqadjkc], or ? for help: y

What is the patch name? rev_2
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn] y

realdarcs.exe: vi: runProcess: does not exist (No such file or
directory)

A workaround is to use the --logfile option

2) Notice in the "Shall I record ..." above that it doesn't know
how many patches there are going to be.  On my Linux machine at
home this would say (1/1).

nosy: achambers, droundy, tommy
status: unread
title: Darcs/Cygwin - Can't find editor on Cygwin