[darcs-devel] darcs patch: fix bad grep option in send test case (and 1 more)

Will will at glozer.net
Mon Dec 12 08:05:45 PST 2005

Esa Ilari Vuokko <eivuokko at gmail.com> writes:

> On 12/12/05, Will <will at glozer.net> wrote:
>> Sun Dec 11 20:44:47 MST 2005  Will <will at glozer.net>
>>   * fix bad grep option in send test case
>>
>> Sun Dec 11 20:51:03 MST 2005  Will <will at glozer.net>
>>   * fix bug in exec of sendmail command
>
> I have sent patch to fix this as well [1].  It fixes exactly the
> same typo as you did, but has different changes to tests (imo more
> correct).  The fix (on yours and on my patch) potentially breaks
> use-case of cat (or similar) as --sendmail-command.  This breakage
> only happens on non-Windows platforms.

Oops, thanks for catching this!  I misunderstood the test case and
thought it was looking for the darcs message that says "Successfully
sent patch bundle to: xxxx."  My patch should work but it won't check
the actual email content generated by darcs.

I am going to add a MIME validation test case in preparation for real
MIME support, so I guess either patch would work.

Thanks,
Will