[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Use _darcs/pristine instead of _darcs/current.

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:23:47 PST 2005

Juliusz,

On 12/15/05, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Some background.  Darcs originally used _darcs/current for the pristine
> directory.  Starting with 1.0.2rc1, all versions of Darcs have been able to
> understand either name, but still create pristine directories under
> _darcs/current.  The first released version with support for _darcs/pristine
> was 1.0.2 on 4 February 2005.
>
> All along, the plan has been to transition to using _darcs/pristine.  David
> has just suggested that this might be the right time, so I'm sending this
> patch for discussion.

Would it make sense to have the repair command help users upgrade?  Or
perhaps a new command, or a separate utility.  Personally, I am not
affected by this change.  But if we make it easier for users to
migrate to new versions with changes then old ways of doing things
won't have to stick around for as long.

I feel like this topic has been brought up on one of the mailing lists
before, but I couldn't find anything.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>