[darcs-devel] "This operation will not be unrevertable!"

Jonathon Mah me at JonathonMah.com
Fri Dec 16 07:10:04 PST 2005

Hi all,

I was using darcs and just came across the message 'This operation
will not be unrevertable! Proceed?'. Now, from experience I know what
this means, but it still took several seconds to parse this sentence.
It definitely should be clarified. The problem is that it makes
'unrevert' an adjective, and thus ambiguous:

not be un-revert-able: You will be able to use the 'revert' command.
not be unrevert-able:  You will not be able to use the 'unrevert'
command.

I suggest changing the wording to "You will not be able to unrevert
this operation! Proceed?", and I'll send a patch to do so.

Jonathon Mah
me at JonathonMah.com