[darcs-devel] Question about encoding of hunks

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Wed Dec 21 12:32:50 PST 2005

I'm finding that I can read some pieces of Haskell and not others from
my old and very fuzzy memory of ML.  I can't for the life of me figure
out where the logic for encoding hunks is.  e.g., where does darcs
determine it will insert a '$' when the line has blank characters at
the end, and when will it insert '[$]'?

I'm hacking some stop-gap scripts (which unintentionally is turning
into a reimplementation of darcs ;-?) to get me by until you Haskell
blokes can figure out some of the performance issues.  Would someone be
willing to tell me, or point out how I can deduce from the source, a
canonical listing of transformations?

--
Jason M. Felice
Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>