[darcs-devel] [issue73] darcs failed: user error (Error applying patch to working dir:

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Fri Dec 23 17:42:03 PST 2005

New submission from Zooko <zooko at zooko.com>:

I don't think that the string "user error" ought to appear in there...

I had many unrecorded changes, and I pulled a patch that removed all files in a
directory.  Here is the screen shot.

The advice on manual recovery isn't that good because actually I had many
unrecorded changes.  However fortunately I have another copy of them so I can
regenerate them after doing this recovery..

Regards,

Zooko

HACL yumyum:~/work/newnewtailorfrom770/tailorizer/trunk$ time darcs pull
Pulling from "/home/zooko/work/newnewtailorfrom770/dw"...

Thu Dec  8 14:58:11 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove old tests
Shall I pull this patch? (1/40) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: x
    R ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/Makefile
    R ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/storage_testdata.py
    R ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/storage_unittest.py
    M! ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_blockdb.py -539 r4
    M! ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_localblockstore.py -177 r1
    M! ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_storecollection.py -787 r2
    R ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_storefile.py

Thu Dec  8 14:58:11 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove old tests
Shall I pull this patch? (1/40) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Thu Dec  8 15:31:23 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove old tests
Shall I pull this patch? (2/40) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: d
We have conflicts in the following files:
./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_blockdb.py ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_localblockstore.py ./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old/test_storecollection.py

darcs failed:  user error (Error applying patch to working dir:
./trunk/amdlib/storage/test/old: removeDirectory: unsatisified constraints (Directory not empty))
This may have left your working directory an inconsistent
but recoverable state. If you had no un-recorded changes
by using 'darcs revert' you should be able to make your
working directory consistent again.

real    0m38.185s
user    0m30.020s
sys     0m0.060s

nosy: droundy, tommy, zooko
status: unread
title: darcs failed:  user error (Error applying patch to working dir: