[darcs-devel] ./ChangeLog vs. ./debian/changelog

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue Feb 1 06:57:59 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 09:01:04 -0500, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
wrote in message <20050201140058.GF5106 at abridgegame.org>:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:54:38PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > 	- delete ./debian/changelog .  I don't see much sense in
> > 	  checking in *two* changelogs on a regular basis.
> > 	- Add a script to the ./debian/ directory that tries to get
> > 	  something useful out of ./ChangeLog
>
> Sounds good.  Removing ./debian/changelog was what I had in mind.

To ease the conversion process, I'd like to ask you to use this format
(which is nearly the same compared to what you initially used):

darcs (0.9.0)

  * Initial Release.

 -- David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>  Wed, 3 Mar 2003 13:51:58 -0500

This is basically what dpkg-buildpackage uses and a "correct"
./debian/changelog can simply be generated by

cat ./ChangeLog | sed -e 's/^darcs.*$/& unstable; urgency=low/' \
	> ./debian/changelog

I'd offer to convert the current ./ChangeLog to this format :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O