[darcs-devel] Re: darcs patch: automatically add parent directories for darcs add

Benedikt Schmidt s_bschmi at ira.uka.de
Sun Feb 6 14:02:54 PST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 06.02.2005, 19:26 +0000 schrieb Mark Stosberg:
> I have another question about the new patch to automatically add parent
> directories.
>
> Doesn't it imply that this code in Add.lhs will never be triggered:
>
>  "parent directory '"++parentdir++ "' isn't in the repo."
>
> I'm interested to know because this message is listed on the wiki as a
> possible diagnostic message, but I'm no longer sure that it is possible.

I've added a comment on the wiki that this error should not happen with
newer darcs version. Perhaps changing the message or calling "bug" would
make it clearer to the user that it's an error in the code. I don't
think the test should be removed (yet), because it's only called when
there is a problem with apply_to_slurp.

Benedikt