[darcs-devel] cleaning up /tmp better

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Feb 14 12:58:23 PST 2005

I just found several directories left by darcs in /tmp, with names like:

    project-new
    project-old
    project-old-2

I suspect they may have been abandoned there when darcs ran out of disk
space. (Later we moved the tmp dir to /usr/tmp), or from a cancelled
command.

It would nice if darcs could do a better job of clean up /tmp, since
project trees can be 100's of megs in size.

I'm not filing a formal bug report at this point because I'm not sure
exactly what event triggered the abandoned files.

On a positive note: I found no abandoned directories in our new
temporary directory, /usr/tmp.

    Mark