[darcs-devel] [darcs #232] diagnostic message for trying to re-apply an applied patch should be improved

Mark Stosberg via RT bugs at darcs.net
Fri Feb 25 19:51:40 PST 2005

Fri Feb 25 22:51:39 2005: New ticket: 232.
Transaction: Ticket created by markjugg
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: diagnostic message for trying to re-apply an applied patch should
 be improved
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: mark at summersault.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=232 >

This is what happen when trying to re-apply an applied patch now:

 "You don't want to apply any patches, so I'm exiting!"

The diagnostic message should assume my intention. Perhaps I did intend
to try to apply the patch, but was confused that was already applied. A
more helpful message in this case would be:

"All these patches have already been applied. Nothing to do."