[darcs-devel] Homebuilt darcs won't create temporary files

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:35:07 PST 2005

Hi all,

When I build darcs myself it has problems creating temporary files.
When I do a push I get the following error message:
Fail: Failed to create temporary file darcs: invalid argument (Invalid argument)

I believe the problem is in Lock.mkstemp or rather the call to the C
function mkstemp. But I cannot really tell what the problem might be.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I'm compiling darcs on cygwin, compiling with ghc-6.2.2 and the gcc
that comes with ghc. I've also tried compiling with the mingw gcc with
the same result.

Any help appreciated,

/Josef