[darcs-devel] Splitting darcs into a library

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Jan 2 08:02:36 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 03:50:51PM +0100, Erik Bgfors wrote:
> Just a short question.  Is there any plans to split darcs into a
> library and a executable?  If there was a library that could be called
> from C it would be simple to create wrappers for other languages and
> it would help out stuff like tailor as well as getting darcs
> integrated into different IDEs.  Plus it would make it simple to write
> a GUI for darcs.

There are thoughts in that direction.  One thing it's waiting for is for
someone who wants to actually write an application.  Probably the first
thing to do would be to package up a darcs haskell package.  This has the
advantage that we can delay the creation of an API, which is the part of
creating a library that will require the most thought.  Someone was working
on this a while back, but seems to have disappeared.
http://www.darcs.net