[darcs-devel] add get_slurp_context, get_slurp_context_maybe, ... [7 patches]

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:22:38 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:35:17PM +0100, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> > Hmmm.  It looks nice, although I'd like to see tests as to how much it
> > harms efficiency.
>
> OK, I will do some tests on darcs' repository.

I have pulled the whole (local) darcs repository to an empty repository,
first with the official darcs, later with official+context. Here are the
results:

    tomek at green:~/darcs$ mkdir a
    tomek at green:~/darcs$ cd a
    tomek at green:~/darcs/a$ darcs initialize
    tomek at green:~/darcs/a$ time ../official/darcs pull --all ../official
    Finished pulling.

    real    3m6.075s
    user    3m2.046s
    sys     0m1.575s
    tomek at green:~/darcs/a$ mkdir ../b
    tomek at green:~/darcs/a$ cd ../b
    tomek at green:~/darcs/b$ darcs initialize
    tomek at green:~/darcs/b$ time ../my-context/darcs pull --all ../official
    Finished pulling.

    real    3m7.717s
    user    3m4.759s
    sys     0m1.597s

It seems there is not much harm, at least in this test. I hope this is a
good test. Maybe someone could propose a better one?

Best regards,
Tomasz