[darcs-devel] darcs patch: read patch sequences truly lazily on lazy read.

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Jan 8 09:39:56 PST 2005

Hello all,

This is an attempt at getting lazy parsing to really work, by which I mean
that we should be able to take a corrupt patch that is composed of a
sequence of patches (with the first few being good), and parse it, and
print the resulting patch (with putDoc . showPatch), and should get some
output before the parse error failure gets thrown.

I'm getting a weird error here:

PatchRead.lhs:43:
    Mismatched contexts
    When matching the contexts of the signatures for
      readPatchPS :: PackedString -> Maybe (Patch, PackedString)
      readPatchPS' :: forall m. (ParserM m) => m (Maybe Patch)
    The signature contexts in a mutually recursive group should all be identical
    When generalising the type(s) for readPatchPS, readPatchPS',
                                      readComPPS, read_patchesPS, readSplitPS, readMergerPS,
                                      readConflictorPS, readInvConflictorPS, readNamedPS

which I don't really understand.

Anyhow, since I think I'll stop working on this for a while (I just got
distracted by it) I thought I'd throw out to the list what I've got in case
anyone wants to run with it.

David.