[darcs-devel] [darcs #172] interactive hunk editiing

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 12 15:56:44 PST 2005

Wed Jan 12 18:56:43 2005: New ticket: 172.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: interactive hunk editiing
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: nothingmuch at woobling.org
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=172 >

Sometimes i edit too much before recording.

I'd like to be able to get a large hunk, and then break it up manually with my editor.

For example, given

+paragraph
+
+paragraph2

I'd like to be able to muck the diff into something like

__HUNK_BEGIN__
+paragraph
__HUNK__END__
__HUNK__BEGIN__
+paragraph2
__HUNK_END__

and then have darcs generate 3 hunks, one for the first paragraph, one for the second, and
one for the white space in the middle, and splice these into the queue of patches.