[darcs-devel] [darcs #177] darcs mv of directory confuses "darcs changes"

zooko at zooko.com via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jan 16 10:29:40 PST 2005

Sun Jan 16 13:29:39 2005: New ticket: 177.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko at zooko.com
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: darcs mv of directory confuses "darcs changes"
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=177 >

Last November I did a "mkdir trunk ; darcs add trunk ; darcs mv shtoom
trunk".  Now, "darcs changes" doesn't include changes made to files in
the shtoom directory before that mv:

I do hope you regard this as a bug and not a "wontfix -- user should
deal with it".  For one thing, I still have the sneaking suspicion that
there is an actual bug in which moving a patch between repos fails if
one of them has the "darcs mv" patch and the other doesn't.

Regards,

Zooko

Changes to Shtoom/trunk/shtoom/shtoom/rtp/packets.py:

Thu Jan  6 15:12:31 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
   * more detailed diags: include RTP seq no in Packet.__repr__()

Wed Jan  5 17:05:54 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
   * python-binary-encode binary data strings before returning them from
__repr__

Wed Jan  5 17:00:56 AST 2005  zooko at zooko.com
   * include contents of xhdrdata in Packet.__repr__()

Tue Dec  7 16:17:43 AST 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * new censored censored -- censored
   CENSORED

Fri Dec  3 14:20:16 AST 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * fix shallow bug: xhdrdata is '' by default instead of None

Thu Nov 11 11:52:40 AST 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * improved RTPPacket.__repr__()
   Reorganize the code in "repr", make it so xhdr doesn't appear in the
resulting string if xhdr is None, and change the syntax of the
resulting string.

Changes to Shtoom/shtoom/shtoom/rtp/packets.py:

Sat Nov  6 16:02:14 AST 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * make RTPPacket.__repr__() handle pt=None

Fri Nov  5 20:36:32 AST 2004  prz at mit.edu
   * include RTP extension header type in RTPPacket.__repr__

Fri Oct 22 13:04:15 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * make RTPPacket handle one extension header

Wed Oct 20 08:29:39 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * fix bug: packets can arrive early
   Packets can be received before "startSendingAndReceiving()" has been
called.  Accordingly, I renamed that method to "start()", updated the
documentation, and moved the seqno and ts initialization to __init__().
  This fixes an exception I experienced where a packet was received
before ts and seqno were initialized.

Sun Oct 10 16:01:56 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * re-add RTPPacket.__repr__()

Thu Oct  7 07:43:44 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
   * new RTPPacket style
   + .ct contains MIMEish content-type, .pt contains PT byte
   + ptdict lives in RTPProtocol instead of RTPParser
   + parsing is a stateless function
   + all values are ctor args, not setters

Mon Oct  4 11:33:07 ADT 2004  tailor at localhost
   * Tailorization of Shtoom
   Import of the upstream sources from the repository

    http://zooko@divmod.org/svn/Shtoom/trunk

   as of revision 827