[darcs-devel] [darcs #180] interrupting get (sftp) fails badly

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jan 18 10:57:47 PST 2005

Tue Jan 18 13:57:45 2005: New ticket: 180.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: interrupting get (sftp) fails badly
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zander at kde.org
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=180 >

I did a get of a repository on my server only to find out that I
actually needed to do a get --partial.  So I pressed control-C.

The effect was that I got this error message:

darcs failed:  (sftp) failed to fetch files.
source directory: ./_darcs/patches
source files:

followed with all patches (some 6000 in my case).

I suggest first of all to limit that output to a maximum of 30 files
which failed; and then a '5670 more lines' at the end.

Next; pressing control-c should not print this error message at all;
it should print something like: "get interrupted, partial repository
still present at 'yourRepo'".