[darcs-devel] A forwarded darcs patch

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jan 20 04:16:02 PST 2005

The following patch was either unsigned, or signed by a non-allowed
key, or there was a gpg failure.

To: Davids Darcs Repo <droundy at abridgegame.org>
Subject: darcs patch: Add "Thumbs.db" to default boring prefs. (and 5 more)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:12:09 -0500

--=_

Fri Jan 14 11:12:52 EST 2005  Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck at cs.hmc.edu>
  * Add "Thumbs.db" to default boring prefs.
  Thumbs.db is a system file generated by Windows Explorer, when viewing a
  folder that contains image files.

Fri Jan 14 11:24:55 EST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * make --ask-deps a multiple-choice option

Fri Jan 14 10:22:16 EST 2005  Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>
  * clarify --ask-deps docs
  =

  This moves a paragraph about dependencies below the --ask-deps option, wh=
ich
  clarifies which direction the dependencies work.

Sat Jan 15 09:14:25 EST 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * add --patches etc flags to changes.

Sun Jan 16 20:05:01 EST 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * document trackdown a bit more

Mon Jan 17 00:36:21 EST 2005  marnix.klooster at ssaglobal.com
  * Added request to include --exact-version info in bug report

--=_

New patches:

[Add "Thumbs.db" to default boring prefs.
Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck at cs.hmc.edu>**20050114161252
 Thumbs.db is a system file generated by Windows Explorer, when viewing a
 folder that contains image files.
] {
hunk ./RepoPrefs.lhs 120
- -                  "(^|/)\\.svn($|/)","\\.py[co]$","\\#","\\.cvsignore$"]
+                  "(^|/)\\.svn($|/)","\\.py[co]$","\\#","\\.cvsignore$",
+                  "(^|/)Thumbs\\.db$"]
}

[make --ask-deps a multiple-choice option
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050114162455] {
hunk ./DarcsArguments.lhs 402
- -askdeps =3D DarcsNoArgOption [] ["ask-deps"] AskDeps "ask about dependen=
cies"
+askdeps =3D
+    DarcsMultipleChoiceOption
+    [DarcsNoArgOption [] ["ask-deps"] AskDeps
+     "ask about dependencies",
+     DarcsNoArgOption [] ["no-ask-deps"] NoAskDeps
+     "don't ask about dependencies"]
hunk ./DarcsFlags.lhs 35
- -               | AskDeps | IgnoreTimes | LookForAdds | NoLookForAdds
+               | AskDeps | NoAskDeps | IgnoreTimes | LookForAdds | NoLookF=
orAdds
}

[clarify --ask-deps docs
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050114152216
 =

 This moves a paragraph about dependencies below the --ask-deps option, whi=
ch
 clarifies which direction the dependencies work.
] {
hunk ./Record.lhs 359
+\begin{options}
+--ask-deps
+\end{options}
+
hunk ./Record.lhs 368
- -
- -\begin{options}
- ---ask-deps
- -\end{options}
}

[add --patches etc flags to changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050115141425] {
hunk ./Changes.lhs 30
- -                        match_range, any_verbosity,
+                        match_range, match_several, any_verbosity,
hunk ./Changes.lhs 38
+               match_a_patchread, have_nonrange_match,
hunk ./Changes.lhs 71
- -                        command_darcsoptions =3D [match_range,
+                        command_darcsoptions =3D [match_range, match_sever=
al,
hunk ./Changes.lhs 92
- -  putDocLn $ changelog opts
- -           $ maybe_reverse
+  putDocLn $ changelog opts $ maybe_reverse
hunk ./Changes.lhs 121
- -  (_,us,_) -> filter_patches_by_names fs $ concat us
+  (_,us,_) -> filter_patches_by_names fs $ filter pf $ concat us
hunk ./Changes.lhs 127
+        pf =3D if have_nonrange_match opts
+             then match_a_patchread opts
+             else \_ -> True
hunk ./Match.lhs 20
- -               match_a_patch, doesnt_not_match,
+               match_a_patch, doesnt_not_match, match_a_patchread,
hunk ./Match.lhs 173
+
+match_a_patchread :: [DarcsFlag] -> (PatchInfo, Maybe Patch) -> Bool
+match_a_patchread fs =3D case nonrange_matcher fs of
+                       Nothing -> bug "Couldn't match_a_patch."
+                       Just m -> apply_matcher m
}

[document trackdown a bit more
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050117010501] {
hunk ./TrackDown.lhs 112
- -Trackdown is helpful for locating when something was broken.  FIXME: It =
is
+Trackdown is helpful for locating when something was broken.  It creates
+a temporary directory with the latest repo content in it and cd to it.
+First, and only once, it runs the initialization command if any,
+for example
+\begin{verbatim}
+'autoconf; ./configure >/dev/null'
+\end{verbatim}
+Then it runs the test command, for example
+\begin{verbatim}
+'make && cd tests && sh /tmp/test.sh'
+\end{verbatim}
+While the test command exits with an error return code, darcs
+``unapplies'' one patch from the version controlled files to retrieve
+an earlier version, and repeats the test command.  If the test command
+finally succeeds, the name of the hunted down patch is found in the
+output before the last test run.
+
+FIXME: It is
}

[Added request to include --exact-version info in bug report
marnix.klooster at ssaglobal.com**20050117053621] {
hunk ./DarcsUtils.lhs 32
- -                "\nPlease report this to bugs at darcs.net"
+                "\nPlease report this to bugs at darcs.net," ++
+                "\nIf possible include the output of 'darcs --exact-versio=
n'."
hunk ./DarcsUtils.lhs 39
+                   $$ text "If possible include the output of 'darcs --exa=
ct-version'."
hunk ./PatchCommute.lhs 32
- -import Printer ( errorDoc, vcat, text, ($$) )
+import Printer ( vcat, text, ($$) )
+import DarcsUtils ( bugDoc )
hunk ./PatchCommute.lhs 686
- -                  errorDoc $ text "r_u commute bug, contact droundy at ag.o=
!"
- -                          $$ text "Original patch:"
- -                          $$ showPatch p
+                  bugDoc $ text "in function reconcile_unwindings"
+                        $$ text "Original patch:"
+                        $$ showPatch p
hunk ./PatchCommute.lhs 1227
- -   _ -> errorDoc $ text "Bug in new_ur - contact droundy at abridgegame.org=
!"
- -                $$ text "Original patch:"
- -                $$ showPatch p
- -                $$ text "Unwound:"
- -                $$ vcat (map showPatch $ unwind p)
+   _ -> bugDoc $ text "in function new_ur"
+              $$ text "Original patch:"
+              $$ showPatch p
+              $$ text "Unwound:"
+              $$ vcat (map showPatch $ unwind p)
}

Context:

[Added linux kernel boring stuff to default boring list
Kirill Smelkov <kirr at landau.phys.spbu.ru>**20050114104331
 =

 I added
 .o.cmd
 .ko
 .ko.cmd
 .mod.c
 .tmp_versions
] =

[Avoid #ifdefs for posix imports
peter at zarquon.se**20050111150419] =

[do not unconditionally append darcs to etc
Jim Radford <radford at blackbean.org>**20050111191748
 The makefile takes care of appending darcs to the etc directory when
 needed so do not do it (again) unconditionally in configure.ac.
 =

] =

[Allow ncurses in addition to curses
sreindl at triobit.de**20050110052431] =

[clean up check_a_patch.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050110134842] =

[clean up merge_three_patches test script.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050109141321] =

[eliminate deprecated read_repo_patches, which was only used once.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050109131532] =

[add a little more documentation for --match, --patch and --tag
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050108175143] =

[move doc chunk to make docs easier to read in the code.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050108174424] =

[fix bug in merger commutation and add test case illustrating problem.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050108153759] =

[Lessen the scare factor in 'darcs send' which said: 'Sending by email to'
zander at kde.org**20050108135028
 after which it started asking for user-permission, while the initial messa=
ge
 gave the impression it would not.
 Now it says: 'Found email to send to a at b.com'
] =

Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050107000618] =

[further improve optimize docs based on feedback from David R
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050106231247] =

[clarify RSS feed is of stable repo
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050106144547] =

[flesh out patch options docs for annotate in more detail. =

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050102222711] =

[improve docs for --partial, --checkpoint and optimize
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050106040024
 =

 I moved the documentation for --partial and --checkpoint from the "common
 options" section into few commands that actually use them.
 =

 I also tried to add details about what exactly these do and when to use th=
em.
 =

 Special thanks to Juliusz Chroboczek for his input here.
 =

 Notice that I need left one 'TODO' in the patch that seemed worth fixing, =
and
 easy enough to do soon.
 =

     Mark
 =

] =

[Use isHexDigit, not isDigit, when looking for =3Dnn QP characters
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050104233209] =

[s/~/ /
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050104182645] =

[be clearer that '--unified' is usually darcs-specific.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050102223336] =

[fix posix imports for win32 builds
Will <will at glozer.net>**20050104004332] =

[do not use `-e' as a short form of --set-scripts-executable option
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20050102190722] =

[enhance `pull' command to support --set/dont-set-scripts-executable option=
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20050101223751] =

[enhance `apply' command to support --set/dont-set-scripts-executable optio=
ns
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20050101223645] =

[fix syntax errors in my last doc patch that prevented darcs from compiling=
.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050101192840] =

[clarify annotate docs
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041231153708
 =

 I think a primary reason that annotate has been confusing is because it is
 documented as provided 'useful information'. This is too vague to be usefu=
 information. :)
 =

 So I tried to figure out exactly what annotate does do, and be explicit
 in the documentation about that.
 =

 I was a little surprised that annotate didn't have a line number option.
 It seems it already has the ability to report when a specific line was las=
t changed. =

 =

 If this were to be implemented, it would be nice to support relative and a=
bsolute line ranges,
 so you could express: "Report on lines within 10 lines from here".
] =

[replace `if' with `when' to improve readability in my recent slurp changes
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041230222254] =

[remove some GHC 6.0.3 compatibility #ifdefs
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041230203913] =

[make darcs changes --context support --to-patch, etc
Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au>**20041222203754] =

[rename 'unix script to 'script' in Karel's patch
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041229224115] =

[enhance `get' command to support --set/donot-set-unix-scripts-executable o=
ptions
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041228222948] =

[enhance slurp write related and repository apply_patches functions to supp=
ort executable scripts
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041228212713
 This patch enhances slurp write related functions and repository
 apply_patches function to make Unix scripts executable if appropriate
 -e/--set-unix-scripts-executable option is used.
] =

[add --set-unix-scripts-executable and --donot-set-unix-scripts-executable =
options support
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041228123330] =

[add FileSystem module with basic implementation of make_executable functio=
Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>**20041228114555
 This patch adds FileSystem module which is intended to provide various
 file system related functions and hide under-laying OS
 functionality. Currently only `make_executable' function is provided
 which makes file executable for its owner and owner group on
 Unix(-like) OSes and does nothing on Win32 OSes.
] =

[revert nice error message on patch parsing.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041229153258
 The problem was that darcs tries parsing patch bundles different ways to
 see whether it's been mime-encoded or not, and failing with errorDoc rathe=
 than by returning Nothing breaks that.  If we want nicer messages for pars=
 errors, we should switch from Maybe (Patch, PackedString) to Either Doc
 (Patch, PackedString).
] =

[add configure option to fix path to sendmail even if it's not present.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041229151244] =

[Add RSS feed of latest repo changes to darcs.net homepage.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041229004651
 =

 A temporary preview of this is here:
 http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/darcs/front.html
 =

 David suggested it would be desirable to also have the author's
 named displayed. That appears to be possible because that information =

 is in the feed in an <author> tag. However, I don't have the patience
 to make that work tonight. If someone else wants to, feel free.
 =

] =

[bash completion made more robust regarding shell special chars
Guillaume Outters <guillaume.outters at free.fr>**20041228231448
 IFS set to CR, for correct spliting of darcs --list-option entries contain=
ing spaces.
 We escape all special characters using printf %q, so that the shell passes=
 us our parameters back as we want them.
] =

[avoid duplicated code in commute and commute_no_merger.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041222142807] =

[Reorganize breakup of Patch to avoid circular dependencies.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041221141512] =

[resolve conflict with whitespace change.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041221130035] =

[Rejig patch headings so documentation makes some sense again
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20041217174449] =

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20041217165950] =

[Split Patch up more. Unfortunately needs a .hi-boot file.
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20041211024030] =

[disallow accidently pushing to the current repo
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041219172359] =

[Test for pulling from current repo before setting it as the default
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041219171533] =

[Some more tests for push. =

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041219163241] =

[provide better stripCr implementation
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041219031418] =

[add konquerer workaround to cgi annotate
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041219024435] =

[use fail when possible for errors.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041218153234] =

[address #114 - provide a better error when you accidently try to pull from=
 yourself
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041218025451
 =

 This was my first real experiment with Haskell, so someone who knows bette=
 will probably want to rewrite it. :) =

 =

 Also, this only addresses the 'pull' case. It may be better put this logic=
 in a
 shared routine, so it be used by 'push' and elsewhere.  =

] =

[remove trailing whitespace
simons at cryp.to**20041218004144] =

[don't import type 'Patch' twice
simons at cryp.to**20041218004106] =

[remove duplicate imports (error in ghc-6.3)
simons at cryp.to**20041218002402] =

[avoid conflicts by importing only 'bug' from DarcsUtils
simons at cryp.to**20041218002301] =

[Fix manual to state 'darcs get' has --tag, not --tag-name
zander at kde.org**20041217153547] =

[strip trailing CR in pref files
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041216073907] =

[fix typo in mingw reference
Lode Leroy <lode_leroy at hotmail.com>**20041202131840] =

[fix bug that left junk equal to identity patch in pending.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041215134337] =

[typo fix
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041215023027] =

[removing Amending patches from basic documentation
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041106030942
 =

 I really like this clear description of what Amend record is actually doin=
g.
 I've submitted a patch to the stable repo to merge some of the wording her=
 into the (currently sparse) docs for admend-record.
 =

 Amend-record is a more advanced, dangerous command which doesn't belong in=
 "Basics" section, so I removed it here.
] =

[improve documentation clarity
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041106030733] =

[improve formatting of 'working' and 'current'
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20041106030657] =

[documentation, basics on creating patches
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20041103111151] =

[update webpage to say 1.0.1 is latest stable source now.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041214134854] =

[TAG 1.0.1
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041214131758] =

Patch bundle hash:
612d26a3c534d3523f2c90a64eb58158d9eab194

--=_--

.