[darcs-devel] win32 build fails due to use of uname()

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Jan 22 07:49:48 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:19:24PM -0700, Will wrote:
> The patch "Include system info (from uname) in comment" breaks the win32
> build since there is no uname() function available.  I'd like to remove
> that functionality; passing the darcs and libcurl versions seems
> sufficient and doesn't expose private machine details.  Any objections?

I'm fine either way--that is, either with just removing the uname, or with
#ifdeffing it.  (Or should that be #ifdefing it?)  I can see that it would
be interesting to see in the logs what sorts of systems darcs is running
on, but can also see the privacy aspect.  I guess web browsers often
announce their operating system, don't they? So it doesn't seem like a big
deal.  But I'll accept patches that go either way.

Sorry about breaking the win32 build! ...Or letting it get broken--I just
don't think about win32, all too often, and let you pick up the pieces.
http://www.darcs.net