[darcs-devel] [darcs #183] Implement withDelayedTempDir

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Jan 23 17:24:12 PST 2005

> You can use unsafePerformIO to bind the result of an IO computation as a
> top-level value.

Any chance you could implement this?  It looks like that requires
understanding mvars, the GHC inliner, and Haskell exceptions (of which
I understand there are various kinds), so it's a little beyond me.

Say something like

  atexit :: IO () -> IO ()

which registers an action to be executed at program exit.  (It needs
to be safe against exceptions, of course.)

(Hmm, looks to me like a suitable candidate for a wishlist bug report
against the ghc libraries.)

                                        Juliusz